- About D. A. Shaver
- Brute Force Attacks
- Googling Google
- Hex color abreviations
- How To Make A Website
- How To Take Pictures For Your Website
- How to get started blogging
- How to make money
- How to manage your strong passwords
- Just the facts
- Moving your computer
- My Experiences With Anti-Virus Software
- Privacy Statement
- Refresh the file and folder lists
- Stupid Windows Messages
- Tame Multiple Domains On The Web Site With htaccess 301 Redirect
- The Future Of The Internet Software
- The Necessity Of A UPS
- Web Site Usability Keeps Customers Returning
- What Is A Domain Name?
- What Is A Web Browser?
- What Is Good SEO?
- What Is RSS?
- What Is Web Mail?
- What Is Website Hosting?
- What is FTP?
- What is a Good Web Page?
- What is a database?
- What is the one thing web hosting companies fail to understand?
- Why Everyone Can And Should Have A Blog
- Why You Need A Web Site
- Writing Articles for your Website or Blog
- 5 Important Things That Should Be Every Web Page
- 5 Simple Things Necessary To Write Content For The Web
- 5 Simple ways to avoid having your posts and articles marked as spam
- Above The Fold
- Add value
- Blinder Vision
- Blogging creates content
- Chunk Your Articles For Maximum Reader Attention
- Content migration
- Go After The Right Goals
- Go For The Long Term
- How Can I Get My Website Found On Google?
- How To Write Articles For Your Website
- If you want people to do something for you then you have to something for them.
- Never be stuck for something to write
- Save Time With Keyboard Shortcuts
- Streamline Your Articles For Maximum Impact
- Ten Ways Your Web Site Inspires Trust In Visitors
- The Ten Things You Need To Do To Write Compelling Web Site Content
- The purpose of a website is to inform
- Typography, The Letters Do Matter!
- You already know the most important blogging tip
- You can be a blogger
- You need to be writing all the time
Typography, The Letters Do Matter!
Reading text on a computer screen is different than on paper. Web pages are made up of hypertext. Hypertext is a document in electronic format. Documents on the web are linked by hyperlinks; this is how pages are transversed on the World Wide Web. Hyperlinks should always be the same size of font as the text around them. Otherwise an uncomfortable page shifting occurs when the link is hovered over.
High Contrast Text
Use the highest contrast possible for text. Black text on white page is best. Black pages with white text are very hard to read.
Use A Sans-serif Font
Use an Arial or san-serif font. A font is set of letters, which have the same design and uniform size. Serifs are the little tails, which are on some letters. “Times” is a serif font.
Let The User Decide
Allow the size of font to be decided by the user. This means the font should be specified by variable sizes such as em’s or percents. Fonts specified using points or other specific sizes can be too small to read or uncomfortably large depending on the users computer and browser.
Two Fonts Per Page
Limit yourself to two fonts per website. A different font for the title or heading can look nice but after that readability get worse.
Do Not Use All Caps
Capitals should be limited to the first letter of a word. A paragraph or page in all caps is like an annoying person standing too close and talking too loud.
Use correct spelling and grammar and please just one period at end of sentence.
Just One Space Please
One space between sentences and words. This means no justifying. The uncomfortable widths of words in justified text are also difficult to read.