- About D. A. Shaver
- Brute Force Attacks
- Googling Google
- Hex color abreviations
- How To Make A Website
- How To Take Pictures For Your Website
- How to get started blogging
- How to make money
- How to manage your strong passwords
- Just the facts
- Moving your computer
- My Experiences With Anti-Virus Software
- Privacy Statement
- Refresh the file and folder lists
- Stupid Windows Messages
- Tame Multiple Domains On The Web Site With htaccess 301 Redirect
- The Future Of The Internet Software
- The Necessity Of A UPS
- Web Site Usability Keeps Customers Returning
- What Is A Domain Name?
- What Is A Web Browser?
- What Is Good SEO?
- What Is RSS?
- What Is Web Mail?
- What Is Website Hosting?
- What is FTP?
- What is a Good Web Page?
- What is a database?
- What is the one thing web hosting companies fail to understand?
- Why Everyone Can And Should Have A Blog
- Why You Need A Web Site
- Writing Articles for your Website or Blog
The Most Important Part Of Your On-Line Presence Is Your Domain Name
One of the most important parts of your business is your domain name. A domain name is how customers find you on the Internet. All businesses should have their own domain name. Nothing detracts more from a professional appearance than free hosting without a domain name. Your domain name is your address on the web and should not contain the names of any other vendor or blog provider. A domain name is also used for your email this gives your business a much more professional appearance
Considerations In Choosing A Domain Name
- The shorter your domain name the better
- Avoid dashes in your domain name
- Your business name is best if possible
Valid Domain Name Limitations
Valid domain names must be less than 63 characters; only letters a through z, numbers 0 through 9 and the dash are acceptable, no spaces. They cannot start or end with a dash.
I provide and maintain a free domain name for all clients with hosting accounts. Hosting accounts include free set up of all your company email accounts. All domain names registered by me for clients list that client as the legal owner of that domain. A domain is a lifetime part of your business and should not be tied to any one vendor.